Covid-19 Policy Update
All three of our locations are open with measures in place to ensure the health and well-being of our patients, staff and communities. We are dedicated to providing the safest environment for you and your family to receive the high level of Audiological care that you have come to expect. We continue to monitor this developing situation closely and adapt to comply with direction from health officials.
If you are scheduled to see us and have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, have a COVID-19 test pending, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please call our office for alternate arrangements. If you are experiencing a dry cough, chills, sore throat, fever of 100.4 or above, headache, muscle pain or loss of smell, please contact us to reschedule once you are well.
Below is a list of common questions we are hearing from patients seeking in-person care. If we have not covered your questions below, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly for additional assistance.
How has Advanced Audiology of NY prepared for COVID-19?
While the office was closed, we were sure to source the PPE, disinfectants and supplies needed to reopen safely. Since our reopening in early June, we have continued monitoring new information about COVID-19, and are continually adapting our policies to reflect the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Health.
What specific safety measures have been implemented post COVID-19?
Those of you familiar with our practice, know that we pride ourselves on a clean and welcoming office environment. Beyond the usual infection control measures, we have also implemented a COVID-19 specific protocol, which includes:
- Prescreening all patients for COVID-19 related symptoms and pertinent travel history at the time their appointment is made and at check-in.
- Disinfecting high touch surfaces in waiting rooms, offices and test booths after each patient, and deep cleaning at the end of each day for all of our locations.
- All members of our team use gloves and masks (with clear window so you can see our smiles and follow visual cues) at all times.
- We ask that all patients and visitors accompanying patients wear a mask throughout their visit. Please use a surgical or cloth mask without a valve (for the protection of our staff) and be sure to cover both your mouth and nose.
I do not want to sit in a crowded waiting area. What measures do you have in place to provide proper physical distancing between patients?
- We have increased appointment times to 30 or 60 minutes (depending on appointment type) to allow for proper cleaning and ensure that patients do not cross paths within the office.
- Children and adults who require a caretaker may be accompanied by one adult. Otherwise, we ask that you attend alone when possible.
- We are also asking patients to complete intake forms ahead of their appointment to minimize time spent in the waiting room. The forms can be found on our website at: https://advancedaudiologyofny.com/patient-forms. The website is also filled with resources to help you prepare for your appointment and answer some questions you may have ahead of time.
Are you seeing walk-in patients for supplies and repair drop-off?
At this time, we ask that patients remain outside and call from their car to see if we can accommodate the walk-in. If available, a staff member should be able take payment via phone and come out to you with supplies or repairs.
Are you offering virtual visits?
Certain types of appointments can be completed virtually for those patients who do not yet feel comfortable coming in person. Most of today’s hearing aids can have programming and/or troubleshooting performed remotely via your hearing aid App. The Audiologist can even do a quick check of your hearing through your hearing aid if you suspect your hearing has changed. For new patients or those experiencing dizziness symptoms, it is still best to be seen in the office so that we can perform a comprehensive evaluation. Let us know your concerns and we will work to accommodate your needs.